Just a few days until the Timberline Review opens up our submission window!
Submissions for Issue #10 are closed
The month of November 2020, we will waive the submission fees for those who identify as BIPOC and of the LGBTQIA+ community. Please use the BIPOC waived-fee submission form.
What We Want
The theme for issue #10 is “Time Capsule.” The theme is open to interpretation, so interpret away!
We are seeking work in the following categories:
- Fiction (flash, short story, novella, and novel excerpt)
- Creative nonfiction (essay and memoir)
- Critical commentary (annotation, book review, literary analysis, and craft instruction)
- Drama and screenplay
- Graphic novel (b&w)
- Visual art (b&w)
Payment and Rights Acquired
We pay $25 + one electronic contributor copy. First North American Serial Rights.
Submissions Period for Issue #10:
Submission Period November 1, 2020, to December 31st, 2020, at 11:59PM.
Response Time: Submissions are accepted or rejected during the week of April 4-11, 2021.
We realize this is a long wait, but it gives us time to review all our submissions. If your piece is accepted elsewhere, please let us know as soon as you can.
General Submission Guidelines
Submissions failing to meet all guidelines below will be disqualified.
Word and Page Limits:
- Critical Commentary, Fiction, Hybrid, Non-fiction: 3,500 words.
- Drama: Up to 10 pages
- Screenplay: Up to 10 pages
- Poetry: Up to 3 poems; maximum of 10 pages total.
- Graphic Novel: 10 pages total (text-only or text/images).
- Visual Art: Up to 5 pieces.
Reprints & Simultaneous Submissions
We do not accept reprints. Previously produced or performed drama and performance poetry is welcome as long as it has not appeared in print elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are always welcome, but if your work is accepted elsewhere, please make sure to inform us right away.
To Contact Submissions Editor
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Normal response time is one week.
We look forward to reading your work!